HOW TO PROLONG THE LIFE OF YOUR FLOWERS
Our floral arrangements will last for up to a week or longer depending on the flowers within the arrangement. The life of the flowers will also depend on the care they receive.
BELOW ARE A FEW TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR FLOWERS BY FLOURISH:
- Your Vase – Do make sure your vase is cleaned thoroughly before you fill it with water. A top tip is to add ½ a tablet of “Milton” which is a very good antibacterial product and can be found in most supermarkets. The Milton helps to keep the water in your vase clearer for longer.
- Fill the vase with clean cold water and the flower food supplied with flowers. Follow the instructions on the flower food packet.
- Cut the bottom ½” of your stems using a sharp pair of scissors at a 45° . It is best to cut the stems under water which removes the chance of any air blockages.
- It is also important to remove any leaves which may be below the waterline as they may limit the intake of water by the flowers.
- Flowers last longer in cool places (65° – 72°F or 18° – 22°C). Try to avoid placing flowers in direct sunlight or in contact with heating appliances such as fans or radiators or in areas with a draught.
- Stems should be re-cut under water every other day by ½” to ensure they are drawing the maximum water.
- Place your flowers on display and ensure your vase is constantly topped up with water during the lifetime of your flowers.